10 finalists announced for WV school service staff of the year
CHARLESTON, West Virginia – The West Virginia Department of Education has announced 10 finalists for the 2021-22 School Service Staff of the Year in West Virginia. This honor recognizes the commitment and dedication of public school system staff who work beyond expectations to serve students and families in their communities.
This year’s finalists include bus operators, cafeteria managers, secretaries and wardens from across Mountain State. These finalists are:
- Deidra Burdette – Guardian of Greenmont Elementary School, Wood County
- Julia “Julie” Clayton – Cafeteria Manager with Glen Dale Elementary School, Marshall County
- Shelby lucas – Secretary with Explorer Academy, Cabell County
- Donald McNeel – Bus Operator with Hillsboro Elementary School, Pocahontas County
- Jody miller – Secretary with Ohio County Schools
- Katherine “Kathy” Miller – Cafeteria Manager with Wayne High School, Wayne County
- Holly palmer – Chef / Cafeteria with Paw Paw Schools, Morgan County
- Heather pindell – Transportation Supervisor with Jefferson County Schools
- Allen Spangler – Bus operator with Monroe County schools
- Angela Trammel – Secretary with Ritchie County High School, Ritchie County
West Virginia School Service Staff of the Year will be announced on September 7, 2021, along with West Virginia Teacher of the Year. The ceremony will take place at the West Virginia Culture Center in Charleston.
“These people truly represent what it means to be a caring adult in the lives of our students,” said W. Clayton Burch, Superintendent of West Virginia. “They show compassion and dedication to ensuring that our children have safe, positive and comprehensive educational experiences. As we continue through the pandemic, our school department staff are an important part of the support network our children need. “
For more information on the School Service Staff of the Year, click here.